Go beyond the ordinary with this remarkable travelogue, guidebook, and coffee table keepsake filled with spectacular color photography that showcases Iceland’s stunning beauty and hidden gems, from its fjords and highlands to the Western Islands and the capital Reykjavik—the first entry in the Hedonist’s Guide travel series.
Combining essential insider details, cultural information, must-see attractions, and detailed maps with glorious custom photography, Stunning Iceland is the ultimate handbook for modern nomads, including both savvy travelers and novice tourists. Designed for twenty-first century globetrotters, Stunning Iceland features stylish graphics and an elegant visual design, as well as a breakdown of must-visit places, thematic double-page photographic spreads to help you discover and understand the city, and walking routes to explore each district away from the crowds.
Whether you prefer a more traditional visit or want to chart your own unique course, this user-friendly handbook includes everything you need—and more:
- Discover the charm of a luxury ecolodge surrounded by nature
- Meet the surfers of the Arctic
- Taste the new Nordic gastronomy
- Follow in the footsteps of the heroes of the Icelandic sagas
- Meet the polar fox and the blue whale
- Bathe in the natural hot springs
- Admire the Icelandic flora
- Learn about the battle between the tectonic plates beneath Iceland and its active volcanoes
- Experience Reykjavík, the nation’s beating heart
Stunning Iceland offers inspiration and insight for armchair travelers and dreamers alike. Best of all, the gorgeous photography transforms the book into a keepsake that will transport you back to your favorite places and sights long after returning home.
Experience Iceland as never before with the Hedonist’s Guide!